- 1½ cups wheat bran
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- 1¼ cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°, and grease only 10 spots in a 12-cup muffin pan, or use 10 muffin papers. Fill remaining two spots with water.
- Mix bran, rice, sweetener, non-dairy milk and coconut oil in a large bowl. Stir to combine, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, then add to liquid mixture, stirring gently to combine. The batter should be a bit ‘soupy.’ Pour into 10 muffin cups, and bake for 25 minutes. Tops should be firm and browned. Let cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, then move to cooling racks. Eat within two days, or freeze for later. Enjoy!