Tofu Poke w/ Local Vegetables
This Hawaii trademark dish is all about freshness. Take advantage of local produce to ensure the best-tasting results!
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesSnacks VeganGluten-Free Nut-Free Budget Friendly MealsOne Pot Meals
Updated: Thu, 01/10/2019 - 9:21am
- 1 (16-ounce) block super firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 local avocado, cubed
- 2 teaspoons gomasio or toasted sesame seeds
- Lemon wedges
- Cut tofu into ¼” cubes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomato, onions, ginger, salt, aminos and sesame oil. Gently toss to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but no longer than 4 hours.
- Add avocado and gently toss to combine. Serve with gomasio and a few squeezes of lemon. Enjoy by itself or on top of rice drizzled with nori. Enjoy!