- 1 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup diced apple
- 1 Tablespoon white miso
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Popped Pumpkin Seeds:
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
Special Materials: Air Popcorn Popper (optional)
- Wash kale. Remove stems, chop and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, add salt and gently massage kale with hands.
- Add dried cranberries, carrots and apples. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine miso, olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, agave nectar, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
- Place ¼ cup pumpkin seeds in air popcorn popper and pop for 2-4 minutes. Remove from popper and repeat with remaining ¼ cup pumpkin seeds. If you don’t have a popcorn popper, heat a skillet over high heat and slowly toast seeds until they start to pop and brown.
- Add liquid aminos. Gently mix and let cool.
- Toss salad with dressing and top with pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!