Sprouted 3 Bean Salad
This is a live food recipe. You'll feel great after eating it because it's packed with energy-giving enzymes. Raw foods contain enzymes to digest and assimilate them thoroughly. Be prepared to make this recipe well ahead of time as sprouting requires about a day and half.
- ½ cup black eyed peas
- ½ cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- ¼ cup lentil beans
- 3 ripe mangoes or papayas, diced
- Juice of 2 limes or lemons
- 1 medium purple or Maui onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced green chilies
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprouting Beans: Combine all 3 beans, rinse throughly and cover with water. Allow to soak for 6 hours. Drain water. Cover with a damp kitchen cloth and allow to sprout for 8 hours. Rinse and drain the beans. Repeat the process 2 more times, over the next 24 hours.
- After the beans have sprouted, prepare Salad: Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Divide salad in half. Transfer one half to a blender or food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. Stir blended mixture with unblended salad to spread the flavor evenly.
- Combine the sprouted beans with the salad. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour in the fridge. This salad is great served with brown rice and is always a favorite at parties. Enjoy!