- 1 cup red (wehani) rice
- 1 cup sweet brown rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium carrot, chopped finely
- 1 bunch fresh kale, chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- Combine the rices with 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Gently spoon onto a large plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mirin, agave syrup, ginger, and garlic.
- Combine carrot, kale, parsley, and cooled rice in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!