Plain Kale Chips:
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (omit for Cheezy version)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Cheezy Plain Chips:
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
Suggested Materials: If you have a dehydrator, you can use it to make raw kale chips.
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- For the Plain Kale Chips: Tear all kale leaves from stems, and wash well. Spin dry, or pat dry with a towel.
- Tear kale into six-inch pieces and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, massing gently to coat leaves.
- Layer kale evenly onto a large baking sheet- do not overlap pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Bake until crispy and beginning to brown.
- For the Cheesy Kale Chips: Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Add nutritional yeast to kale and massage gently until leaves are coated. Layer onto baking sheet- do not overlap pieces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until topping is dried and kale is just beginning to brown.
- Let cool and enjoy immediately. To serve later, store in an airtight container for up to a week.