Gazpacho (Cold Tomato Soup)
Gazpacho is a traditional Spanish soup that is perfect served during warm weather. There are a million flavor variations possible, so play with your favorite herbs & spices and make this soup your own.
Updated: Sat, 06/16/2018 - 7:42am
- 2 cups finely chopped cucumber (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3½ cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper (more to taste)
- Set aside 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1 cup pepper, and 1 cup celery. Add these vegetables to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining cucumber, pepper, celery, along with onion tomatoes, and garlic to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add processed vegetables to reserved vegetables, along with tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, and salt/pepper. Stir to combine, and leave mixture in refrigerator for six hours or overnight.
- Enjoy Gazpacho cold alongside flatbread or a simple side salad!