Light Miso Soup
Fast and easy to prepare! Cut the carrots into pretty flower shapes by placing a whole carrot on the cutting board and making 4-5 notches the entire length of the carrot; then slice into rounds.
Updated: Wed, 02/21/2018 - 10:43pm
- 5” piece wakame seaweed
- 2 quarts water
- ½ cup white or yellow miso
- 1 medium carrot, cut into flowers or thin slices
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1½ cup fresh chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh scallions
- Submerge the dried wakame in a bowl of water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Bring the stock pot of of water to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low. Add mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the soaked wakame into ¼” slices. Add to the pot.
- Add in carrots and celery and continue to simmer.
- Using a stainless steel fine mesh strainer placed over the pot, dissolve the miso into the soup by gently stirring.
- Add in parsley and scallions; remain on heat below simmer for 3 minutes. Squeeze some fresh lemon prior to serving. Enjoy!