Shiitake Croquette recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 5 large shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 22-ounce package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat oil and sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic, green onion, and red pepper. Cook until translucent and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl place baking flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Use a pastry cutter or fingers to mix in cold vegan butter until crumbly.
- Add sauté mixture, olive oil, and water and mix together until fully combined.
- Form ball about the size of a golf ball and smash to make flat. Place on baking sheet and continue process until complete.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes and then flip. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!