We use your Personal Information only for providing services requested by our visitors and improving the Down to Earth website and associated apps. We will protect your information with the utmost care and security. We do not and will not sell or share your data or provide it to any third party without your consent.
By using this site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Notice.
This Privacy Notice covers the Down to Earth website and the DTE DEALS! App available for iOS and Android. The DTE Deli app is covered by a separate privacy notice here: https://order.downtoearth.org/help/privacypolicy .
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store and process personal information from our website and DTE DEALS! App.
This Policy Notice is effective June 5, 2018.
Scope of Privacy Notice
This Notice covers visitors to our website, and users who voluntarily submit personal information to register for events, subscribe to our newsletter, apply for jobs, and use our DEALS App.
- Job Applicants – Individuals who complete the job application form on the Down to Earth website.
- Mailing List Subscribers – individuals who provide their contact information to subscribe to our monthly e-Newsletter (Earth News).
- Website Visitors – Individuals who visit our website (www.downtoearth.org), and/or who voluntarily submit their name and contact information on our contact page.
- Event Registrants –Individuals who RSVP for Down to Earth events by submitting their name, contact information, and payment details (for paid events).
- DEALS App Users – Individuals who download and use our DTE DEALS! App to receive coupons and promotions for Down to Earth products.
Information We Collect
For those who submit job applications online via the Down to Earth website, we collect and store your name, email address, phone number, education, employment history, and other information as part of our application process. We use this information to process your application, and to verify your employment history.
Mailing List Subscribers
We use Campaign Monitor, a third-party service, to manage and maintain subscriber information for the Down to Earth e-Newsletter. We collect and store your name and email address in order to send you monthly sales flyers, health and environmental tips, recipes and more. Read the Campaign Monitor Privacy Notice.
The Down to Earth website uses tracking cookies to gather information about our visitors including IP address, internet service provider, browser and operating system, and referrer information.
We use FreshDesk, a third-party service, to process and route contact requests from our website. We collect your name, email address, and other information that you voluntarily provide so that we can respond to your inquiries and feedback in a timely manner. Read the FreshDesk Privacy Notice.
Down to Earth uses Eventbrite to process reservations for public events including cooking classes, seminars, workshops, etc. To process your reservation, we collect your name, contact information and payment information for paid events. Read the Eventbrite Privacy Notice.
Participation in Down to Earth events is voluntary. By registering for events, you are giving consent to Down to Earth to collect and store your personal information.
DEALS App Users
We use GroceryPress (a third-party provider) to manage our rewards app program. When you register for DTE Deals, we collect your name, email address, birth date, gender, and other information.
Participation in the DTE DEALS program is voluntary. By providing your information, you agree to receive email marketing materials from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
Cookies / Tracking Codes
We use tracking cookies to identify visitor information including IP address, internet service provider, date/time stamp and referral URL. Down to Earth sends anonymized tracking data to Google for processing and analysis through their Google Analytics Service. Read the Google Privacy Notice.
Down to Earth partners with Adroll, a third-party provider, to deliver targeted ads on Adroll’s advertising display network. Retargeting works by placing a tracking cookie in your browser when you visit our website. We use this cookie to identify you, and to tailor ads to your interests. Read the Adroll Service Privacy Notice .
You can customize how your browser handles cookies, but these settings may affect your ability to use our website. For more information about managing tracking cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html .
How We Use Your Information
At Down to Earth, we collect different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
- To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
Down to Earth uses personal information that we collect from you to:
- Respond to website visitor inquiries and feedback
- Verify your contact information for mailing list subscriptions
- Send you monthly announcements via our Earth Newsletter
- Send you promotional information via our DEALS App
- Process job applications, verify past employment, and contact you in the event that you are selected for an interview.
- Respond to your requests for personal information/activity logs that we have collected and stored.
- Deliver targeted ads across ad display networks (including Adroll, Google, and Facebook)
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How We Share Your Information
- Third-Party Services – Down to Earth partners with third-party services to manage our mailing list, DEALS! App, contact form, and event registration pages. These providers may collect and store your personal information to deliver targeted marketing, process event registrations and payments, and manage your mailing list preferences.
- Analytics Data – The Down to Earth website sends anonymized (de-identified) data to Google Analytics to help us analyze user demographics and improve your online experience.
- Consent – Down to Earth may share your information with your direct consent.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of our Newsletter by using the “Unsubscribe” function in emails that we send you, sending us an email using the Contact Us page of our website, or by sending an email to email@example.com. To opt out of our newsletter, use the “Unsubscribe” function at the top of the newsletter or at the bottom of the eNews page of our website. You may also send us a letter to the following postal address:
Down to Earth Organic & Natural
Attn: Customer Support
P.O. Box 1166
Kailua, HI 96734
You may also use either of these contact methods to:
- Request a copy of your data in machine-readable format.
- Change/correct any data that we have about you.
- Request deletion of any data that we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Down to Earth and/or our third-party service providers will retain your data for as long as it is needed to fulfill the original purpose for which it was collected. Once personal data has been processed, we will remove or anonymize it to protect sensitive information.
For employment applications, we generally keep application data on file for 90 days.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
On occasion, our site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your Web browser, or by looking for "https" at the beginning of the web page URL.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy notice, you should contact us immediately via telephone at (808) 941-2204. Or, send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Changes to This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our Privacy Notice at any time and you should check this Privacy Notice periodically. Your continued use of the Down to Earth website and associate apps after we post any modifications to the Privacy Notice on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Privacy Notice.
If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.