This is a vegetarian version of "lomi salmon," a standard Hawaiian lu'au food. People are surprised at how good this is, but they shouldn't be: these days there isn't much salmon in lomi salmon, and people like it anyway... so give this healthful, tasty version a try!
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- 3-5 drops hot sauce sauce of choice
- Arame seaweed, soaked in warm water and drained (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, chill thoroughly, and enjoy!