Wakame is a mild seaweed that can be served alongside your other favorite Asian-inspired dishes.
- 1 ounce wakame seaweed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Nama shoyu or other soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Cut wakame into stamp-sized pieces using scissors. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add seaweed and keep at a rolling boil for 10-15 minutes or until it reaches a chewy but firm consistency (check after 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and hemp seeds. Toss or stir constantly to ensure even browning. Remove from heat when toasted. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together shoyu, vinegar, sesame oil and agave nectar.
Toss seaweed with dressing in a large bowl. Mix in seeds and serve warm or cold. Enjoy!