Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Biscotti
Biscotti are twice baked cookies that are made for dipping into your favorite coffees.
- ⅓ cup butter or vegan butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ener-g egg replacer + ¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup ground macadamia nuts
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup ground mixed nuts (or more macadamia nuts!)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, whip butter and sugar until fluffy. In another small bowl whisk egg replacer, water and vanilla until powder has dissolved. Add to sugar and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl sift together flours, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Gently knead each ball until all nuts and chocolate chips ‘stick.’ Press onto parchment paper and flatten into a 1-inch thick rectangle slab.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice rectangle into ½-inch wide slices.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!