Lime Shave Ice
In some parts of the world, a shave ice is known as a snow cone. Whatever you call it, this thirst-quenching snack adapts itself admirably to a full-on dessert treat.
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 6 cups ice cubes or shaved ice, if available
- Squeeze lime juice into a container. Grate lime peel into zest and add to juice, reserving 2 teaspoons for garnish. Mix with honey or agave nectar, and set aside in the freezer to chill.
- If you’re starting with ice cubes, use the S-blade of a food processor to turn the ice to shaved ice, adding in the lime mixture as you go.
- If you start with shaved ice, pack it densely into tall, frosted glasses, and pour in 2 Tablespoons of the lime juice mixture. Work quickly to prevent melting. Garnish with zest, then return to freezer to set until serving time. Enjoy!
- Variation: As a time-saving variation, you may also try freezing grape or other juice into cubes, then shaving that ice directly to serve as dessert.