Raw Maca Chocolate Energy Balls
Maca is protein dense and has a wonderful caramel, vanilla flavor. Combine with cacao (raw chocolate) make for a super easy and simple snack that is delicious and energizing!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons maca powder
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder + ¼ cup to dust
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon water + more if necessary
- Add almonds, walnuts and salt into food processor. Process until a very fine, sand-like consistency is achieved.
- Add in 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder and remaining ingredients. Process again, until mixture begins to thicken and stick together.
- Check texture by pinching a bit between your fingers. It should be sticky and able to keep its shape. If mixture is too dry, add 1 Tablespoon more water.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl. Shape mixture with your hands into golf ball sized balls.
- Add ¼ cup raw cacao powder in a shallow bowl. Roll individual balls in powder to coat. Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!