Rustic Apple Tart
A simple but exquisite dessert that'll make you a star this holiday season.
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purposed flour
- 8 Tablespoons cold butter or vegan margarine, chopped
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups sliced granny smith apples
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 – ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flour, butter, powdered sugar, and lemon zest in a food processor. Process until fine and crumbly.
- Add iced water and process just until the mixture come together.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of wax paper. Press out with your hands.
- Lightly sprinkle your dough with flour and using a rolling pin roll dough out into a rectangular shape.
- Place dough on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Using your hands gently rub apples to coat evenly.
- Arrange apples in three rows, layering in the center of the Crust, leaving a 1” border.
- Gently fold crust over apples. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until crust becomes golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Serve with whip cream or your favorite ice cream. Enjoy!