Raw Kelp Noodle Salad with Pesto
Kelp noodles are a great alternative to pasta, and offer a mineral rich addition to your salads or soups.
- 1 (12-ounce) package kelp noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded kale
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrots
Fresh Pesto or ¼-½ cup prepared pesto
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, as needed
- Rinse kelp noodles in warm water and place into a large bowl. Add cabbage, kale, black olives, pepper and carrots and toss to combine.
- In a food processor, blend all Pesto ingredients until smooth, adding a few teaspoons of water as needed for a smooth texture.
- Pour Pesto over noodles and vegetables and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!