- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1½ pounds kale, stemmed and chopped (about 9 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 block firm tofu, drained
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until quinoa has absorbed liquid and is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute, add kale and sauté for 2 minutes more. Stir in liquid aminos, cover and keep warm.
- Cut the pressed tofu into ¼-½" wide cubes. Place tofu cubes in a bowl with sesame seeds and gently roll around to coat.
- Heat remaining Tablespoon of sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add seed-crusted tofu cubes and any remaining seeds. Cook, turning tofu cubes occasionally, until golden brown on both sides, 5-7 minutes. Add the black pepper.
- Fluff quinoa and spoon onto 4 plates. Place greens over quinoa and top with tofu cubes. Serve with additional liquid aminos if desired. Enjoy!