- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded daikon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Nama shoyu
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add carrots and daikon to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Cover with a plate and weigh down with heavy bottles, pans, etc. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove weights and strain vegetables. Rinse vegetables with clean water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Transfer to another large bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.
- Serve Salad on it’s own or tossed with cabbage, kale or other greens. Enjoy!