Grill Ready Veggie Burgers
Make a double batch of these mouth-watering burgers because they go quickly!
Recipe Categories:Sandwiches and Wraps
Updated: Fri, 06/15/2018 - 7:45am
- 4-ounces dry rigatoni
- ½ cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon imitation chicken broth powder
- 3½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups cooked white or garbanzo beans, or 1 (15-ounce) can white or garbanzo beans, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- ½ cup steamed broccoli florets
- ¼ cup grated green cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce, marinara or BBQ sauce (such as our Pineapple & Honey BBQ Sauce )
- ¼ cup crumbled black olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Spike seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a rolling boil. Toss in rigatoni and cook 19 minutes, or until very soft. Drain and rinse. Measure out 1½ cups tightly packed rigatoni and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add quinoa to a small sauce pan with ½ cup water and imitation chicken broth powder. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 12-15 minutes or until slightly undercooked. Quinoa should still be a little crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1½ teaspoons olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 1 minute. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Process rigatoni and beans in a food processor until mostly smooth. A few little chunks are fine.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in quinoa, onion sauté, broccoli, cabbage, bell pepper, tomato sauce, olives, cheese, yeast and Spike. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Form 6-8 patties (about ½ cup patty mixture each). Brush each patty with oil and set on baking sheets.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until patties become firm and slightly golden. Finish patties on an open grill. Serve warm with your favorite burger fixins’. Enjoy!