Tabouli (Parsley & Bulgur Wheat Salad)
Tabouli is a traditional Arabic salad that is simple but filling. Parsley is full of minerals and chlorophyll and is a great cleansing herb.
4-6 Side Servings
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 bunch curly parsley, finely minced
- 1 cup finely minced fresh mint
- 1 cup de-seeded and diced cucumber
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pour boiling water over bulgur wheat in a pot. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Bulgur should be soft and light textured. Fluff with a fork, and let cool.
- Add parsley, mint, cucumber, onion and garlic to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss in cooled bulgur wheat. Let stand at least 1 hour for best flavor. Enjoy!