Creamy Pesto Salad
The surprise ingredient in the creamy pesto dressing is coconut cream. It blends the traditional flavors of pesto with an island twist.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) container of grape tomatoes
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 4 cups fresh whole basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all Salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all Dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over vegetables and toss until well combined. Serve and enjoy!