- 3 Tablespoons wakame flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon shoyu or gluten-free tamari
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut nectar (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, soak wakame in water for 10 minutes. Drain and gently squeeze out excess water. Place wakame in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped oranges and red cabbage to wakame.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Dressing ingredients.
- Pour Dressing over wakame and toss to coat salad.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and sea salt before serving. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled!