Down to Earth was founded on the value that natural foods are best for our body and our environment.
Natural foods that are free from added hormones, antibiotics, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives and those that are minimally processed offer optimal nutrition and are the foundation for a healthy diet.
But the importance of opting for "natural" ingredients goes beyond food. The use of vitamins, herbs, and dietary supplements can help improve your health and well-being. Choosing supplements made from natural ingredients and contain no artificial binders, fillers or synthetic chemicals is an important component of a healthy, natural lifestyle.
To help you adopt a natural lifestyle, we suggest that you always prefer:
- Minimally processed grains and grain products: choose pasta, breads and flours that are not bleached or bromated, and use whole grains when possible.
- Prepared foods that are free of artificial sweeteners, flavors, additives, colorings, and have minimal or no synthetic preservatives.
- Eco-friendly cleaning and personal care products for the household.
- Natural bulk foods, which help protect the environment by reducing packaging and allow you to purchase the amount you want while saving on unnecessary packaging and marketing costs.
- Organic foods, which are the most natural foods as they are grown without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers etc., and are produced in a sustainable manner.