1 large onion
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Whole sesame seeds, to taste
Ginger, ground to taste
¼ cup water
- Slice onion into quarters. Slice thinly into slivers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all Marinade ingredients. Be sure that all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour Marinade mixture over onions. Toss onions in marinade.
- Place pickled onions in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour, shaking container occasionally to ensure onions marinade evenly.
- Serve as a side or over hot rice and enjoy!