- ½ cup macadamia nuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, soak in water for 1 hour, (save soak water)
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Optional adds:
- Red pepper flakes
- Kalmata olives (omit salt)
- Place nuts and ¼ cup soak water from tomatoes in food processor and combine until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until incorporated but still a little chunky.
- Transfer to glass jar or bowl no more than ¾ full, set lid on loosely.
- Place in warm cabinet or on counter for 24 hours. It will bubble up as it ferments.
- Transfer to fridge and enjoy! Serving suggestions: with crudités, crackers or use as a spread on wrap.