- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash Brussels sprouts. Remove outer layers, cut off bottom stems and slice in half. Place in a large bowl.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil and using your hands gently rub to coat Brussels sprouts.
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and mirin and sauté until tender – about 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve and enjoy!