Braised Brussels Sprouts & Kale
Use lacinato kale for it’s deep blue-green color and superb flavor. Traditionally used in Italian cooking for centuries, the name ‘dinosaur kale’ is also used because of the texture of the leaves.
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 9:42pm
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 3 cups thinly sliced lacinato kale
- ¼ cup water + ⅓ cup
- 3-4 Tablespoons wet mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over low heat. Sauté the Brussels sprouts and kale for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water, increase heat to medium-high, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk together the mustard, mirin, and ⅓ cup water in a small bowl. Stir into pan, cover and steam for another 4-5 minutes or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!