Cauliflower Bites with Peanut Sauce
Get all the things you love about deep fried foods - crispy outside and tender inside - achieved using a healthier alternative, baking! These bites are a cinch to make and are extremely versatile. Substitute the peanut sauce with hoisin, buffalo, pesto, or any other favorite coating.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:00pm
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, combine Peanut Sauce ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with safflower oil and sea salt.
- Place cauliflower on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and tender.
- Return baked cauliflower to the large bowl and toss with Peanut Sauce to coat evenly.
- Place coated cauliflower back onto the lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!