- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ½ cups tomato, cut in half
- ½ cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 avocado, cubed
Citrus-Thai Basil Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil leaves (substitute regular basil if needed)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon local honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rice per directions or rinse 2 cups rice and place in a pot with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Let rice cool and refrigerate.
- To make Citrus-Thai Basil Vinaigrette combine all ingredients in blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Toss together brown rice, arugula, red onion, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and Citrus-Thai Basil Vinaigrette.
- Stir to coat rice evenly with vinaigrette and then serve. Enjoy!