- 4 cups roughly chopped carrots
- 2 cups cubed white or sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped onions
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 4-6 cloves roughly chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons each dried ground mustard, sage, thyme,
and caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ -1 cup almond milk
- Add carrots and potatoes to a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In another large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook until onions are browned, about 15 minutes. Add dried herbs, salt and pepper, and cook for one minute more. Reduce heat and add 1 cup broth.
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion mixture, and ½ cup almond milk into a food processor and blend until totally smooth- about 5 minutes. Add more almond milk and broth as needed for texture. Taste, and adjust seasonings as you like.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and a swirl of olive oil. Serve warm with bread, or add whole grains or noodles for a more filling meal. Enjoy!