Crisp Kale Salad w/ Red Onions
Marinating the red onions takes the ‘bite’ out and lessons the pungency. Enjoy young kale raw, or lightly steam for a few minutes if desired.
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 9:33pm
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dulse flakes or powder
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice + more if desired
- ½ -1 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1 cup finely sliced red radish
- 5-6 cups finely sliced raw kale
- Fresh cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, dulse and lemon juice.
- Add in sliced onions and radish; mix thoroughly and marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring
- Add the kale and toss thoroughly.
- Add more lemon juice if desired. Season with pepper and enjoy!