- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1¾ cups water
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- Rinse quinoa under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion and bell pepper.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add quinoa and cook for another minute or so.
- Add curry powder and salt and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour peas over quinoa. Cover and let cook for another 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Fluff with a fork before serving. Enjoy!