Green Wraps with Herb and Nut Cheeze
In this recipe healthy collard greens are used to wrap a creamy nut and herb spread and fresh vegetables. Blanching the collards beforehand softens the tough greens for wrapping, but you can use them raw if you like.
Updated: Fri, 06/15/2018 - 7:50am
- ½ cup raw cashew pieces, soaked 1 hour
- ¾ cup whole raw macadamia nuts
- 2 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice + more to taste
- 1 cup fresh herbs (dill, basil, cilantro, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water + more if needed
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, sliced into sticks
- To make the Nut Cheeze: Measure the cashew pieces into a large bowl. Cover with water and let soak 1 hour. Drain off water before using.
- Blend cashews and macadamia nuts in a food processor until mostly smooth. Add lemon, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. Add water as needed to make a creamy but thick texture.
- To make the wraps: Wash greens, and slice leaves at the stems, leaving two big pieces from each leaf.
- Using tongs, dip each leaf in boiling water for just a second to blanch - it should turn bright green and visibly soften. Set on towels to cool and dry.
- When leaves are cool, place flat and add 2 Tablespoons Nut Cheeze, then cover with carrots and one slice of cucumber. Roll and enjoy!