Heart Healthy Quinoa Salad
Everyone loves this delicious, filling quinoa salad! It's vegan, gluten-free, will give you steady energy for hours and will keep your heart healthy.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesEntreesSalads VeganGluten-Free Ekahi Ornish Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Fri, 11/20/2020 - 3:44pm
- 2 cups dried quinoa
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons tamari, shoyu, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew or sunflower seed)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- juice from 1-2 limes
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pack frozen edamame, prepared according to package directions
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 10 olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- Rinse quinoa gently under running water to remove any dust. Bring a small pot to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa. Add the water and garlic powder, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until quinoa is fluffy and liquid is absorbed. Once done, remove cover and let stand for 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork, and allow to cool. (Alternatively, you can cook the quinoa in an Instant Pot or rice cooker).
- While quinoa is cooking, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, taste for seasoning, and set aside.
- Place the salad ingredients and cooled quinoa in a large bowl and add the dressing, tossing gently to coat. Season with additional salt, if desired.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.