- 1 gallon whole milk
- 8 ounces plain yogurt, room temperature
- Heat milk to 180° in a large pot over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and cool to 110°.
- Whisk yogurt into milk and pour into glass jars.
- Wrap jars in blankets or thick towels and place in a draft-free location. For example, oven or bedroom closet.
- Let incubate for at least 8 hours or until yogurt has set.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
- If you make and incubate the yogurt during the day, it can refrigerate overnight and be ready to eat in the morning. Enjoy!