- 2 Tablespoons loose Jasmine tea or 4 tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ - ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1-2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Steep tea in boiling water for 5-6 minutes in a cup or bowl.
- While tea is steeping, add rice to a medium saucepan over medium heat and let toast until tea is ready – stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add hot tea and salt to rice. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Let cook for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and garnish with sliced almonds and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!