Chef Roy Choi paired with Kevita to create this unique kimchi recipe! We love the idea and decided to re-create it with one of our favorite kombucha brands, Health Aid.
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 2 heads Napa cabbage
- ¼ cup red chili powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Health Aid kombucha, preferably “Cayenne Cleanse” or "Ginger Lemon"
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together water and salt.
- Split the Napa cabbage and soak in salted water for 30 minutes.
- While cabbage is soaking, whisk together chili powder, onions, kombucha, garlic, ginger, and salt in a separate bowl until a paste is formed.
- Remove cabbage from water. Let drain and dry for another 30 minutes.
- Separate the leaves of cabbage and mix in the paste and chives.
- Store in a container and let ferment for 24 hours. Enjoy for up to a month, if not more, as it ferments.