Maple Roasted Vegetables
This simple preparation makes the rich flavors of root vegetables shine. Try this recipe with any combination of sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, beets, turnips and more!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 3 cups chopped kabocha pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped beets
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl. Toss with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Pour vegetables into a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Toss vegetables to turn, and bake 15 minutes more, or until veggies are fork-tender (this may be more or less depending on the type of vegetables chosen.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Set aside.
- Immediately after removing vegetables from the oven, pour dressing and stir quickly to coat. Dressing with thicken and coat the veggies. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.