This incredibly flavorful marinade works for sturdy vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Make a double batch and marinate extras for great leftovers!
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesDressings, Dips and Sauces VeganGluten-Free Nut-Free Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy One Pot Meals
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 1 Tablespoon dried garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 Tablespoon each fennel seeds, oregano, and basil
- 1 teaspoon each black pepper and coriander
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- Whisk together all ingredients except broccoli in a large bowl. Toss in broccoli and stir to coat. Add broccoli and marinade to a large resealable bag. Shake to coat. Let marinate overnight or longer!
- Stovetop method: To cook, heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add some broccoli (don’t overcrowd the pan) and cook until browned. Serve while hot!
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 400º. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add broccoli in single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes, until just browned.
- Grill method: skewer broccoli onto skewers and grill over medium high heat until cooked through, about 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!