- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight and rinsed
- ½ cup sweet maui onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon white or yellow miso paste
- 1 pinch of turmeric for color
- Water as needed
- Optional adds - Jalepenos, Chipotle peppers
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Add small amounts of water if needed.
- Transfer to glass jar, filling ½ full.
- Place jar on counter or cabinet for approximately 24 hours. Cheese will expand and rise as it ferments.
- Taste after 24 hours, should have a tangy cheese taste.
- Serve on tacos, with chips or crudités…delish!!