Potato Salad w/ Spring Pesto
Tangerine, fennel, dill, basil, and sheep milk's yogurt add a bright, fresh flavor to this wonderful potato salad. Roasted potatoes provide crunchy textural contrast while adding depth of flavor.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and Sides
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:58pm
- 1 pound waxy potatoes (i.e. red-skinned)
- Oil (for roasting)
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1/2 cup fennel fronds
- 1/2 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup blanched, toasted almonds
- Juice and zest of 3-4 tangerines
- 1/4 cup yogurt (preferably sheep or goat's milk)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Toss wedges of potato with oil and salt. Roast for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Combine herbs, garlic, olive oil, almonds, yogurt, tangerine zest and juice, salt, and pepper in food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
- Toss warm potatoes in pesto and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes for flavors to combine. Serve and enjoy!