Raw Nut Stuffing
This easy stuffing is kinda amazing. You don't have to be a Raw Foods enthusiast to enjoy this tasty side dish. This unique stuffing uses whole foods and pantry staples and can be made the same amount of time as a boxed variety. The robust flavors and crunchy texture makes it a perfect complement to any dish.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- Boiling water
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, sage, thyme and/or rosemary
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil or vegetable broth of choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all nuts into a large bowl or measuring cup. Cover with enough boiling water to completely cover nuts by at least 1-2". Allow to soak for 15 minutes. Alternatively you can soak all the nuts in cold, filtered water overnight.
- Drain and rinse nuts.
- Combine soaked nuts and remaining ingredients into a food processor. Process mixture until completely combined. You may need to scrape down the bowl a few times to make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Taste stuffing and add an additional seasonin if needed. Serve and enjoy!