Roasted Garlic Couscous with Pine Nuts
Roasted Garlic Couscous with Pine Nut Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural
- 1 garlic head
- Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups couscous
- Prepare Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut the top off garlic head. Drizzle with olive oil and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool and use as needed. Can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Prepare Couscous: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add roasted garlic cloves and pine nuts. Cook until pine nuts are golden brown.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Serve on its own or with Roasted Red Pepper Chickpeas. Enjoy!