- 1 large Kabocha squash, halved and cut in 1/4” slices
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic flakes
- Salt and pepper
Cashew Chipotle Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1 hour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss sliced squash with olive oil and pressed garlic to coat evenly.
- Spread squash out onto parchment paper evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until soft.
- To make the Cashew Chipotle Cheese Sauce:Rinse and drain cashews. Place in a blender with nutritional yeast and water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large skillet warm safflower oil on medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms until translucent. Add remaining spices.
- Slowly add blended cashew mixture to saucepan. If mixture is too thick add more water to thin, let simmer for 5 minutes and continue to stir.
- Serve Cashew Chipotle Cheese Sauce over the squash and enjoy!