- Safflower oil
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or vegan butter
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons mirin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons water, or as needed
- Heat safflower oil to medium in a large sauté pan.
- Add leeks, onions and butter. Sauté until tender.
- Add carrots and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mirin, olive oil and water. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve and enjoy!