- 12 medium-sized button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + 1 Tablespoon extra
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Nama Shoyu®
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded vegan mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and mince; set aside.
- Brush mushroom caps with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Layer onto baking sheet gill side up. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, mushroom stems, garlic and thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine onion mixture with breadcrumbs, parsley, shoyu, and cracked pepper to taste.
- Fill mushroom caps with breadcrumb filling and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top of mushrooms and bake until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!