- 3 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Sesame seeds, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Dried parsley or dill, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sweet potatoes in a single layer inside prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, except for Garnishes, in a small bowl. Pour mixture over sweet potatoes. Rub mixture into the sweet potatoes to coat them well.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and baste sweet potatoes with the sauce inside baking dish. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool for a few minutes, spooning sauce over sweet potatoes. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds, black pepper, and dried seasonings. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a week. Reheat in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with a little bit of cooking oil until warmed through. Serve and enjoy!