Spicy 3-Bean Salad
A colorful pupu served on organic flatbread or crackers or fresh lettuce leaves. Always add the hot spices in small amounts and season to your taste!
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 9:04pm
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4-5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Fresh cracked pepper
- To prepare Salad: After rinsing beans and corn, combine with red onion and celery in a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, whisk together all Dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle Dressing over Salad and toss gently to coat. Top with scallions and season with fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!