Spicy Papaya Jam
This spicy jam is perfect for Summer. Papayas are high in natural pectin, and therefore need no additives. Watch us prepare this recipe on KHON's Living808!
- 2 pounds papayas, peeled, cored, and pureed
- 1 pound pineapple, pureed
- 1 ½ cups raw cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 5 hot peppers, finely minced (jalapeno, serrano, Hawaiian chili)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine pureed papaya, pineapple, sugar, cinnamon, lime, and hot pepper in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, still stirring, until puree thickens and holds its shape on a spoon.
- Add cayenne pepper and mix well. Taste, and add more if needed to reach desired level of spice.
- Let cool and store in mason jar for up to 1 week. Serve on savory biscuits or avocado toast, enjoy!