Spicy Papaya Jam
This spicy jam is perfect for Summer. Papayas are high in natural pectin, and therefore need no additives. Watch us prepare this recipe on KHON's Living808!
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesBreakfastDressings, Dips and Sauces VeganGluten-Free Nut-FreeSoy-Free
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:21pm
- 2 pounds papayas, peeled, cored, and pureed
- 1 pound pineapple, pureed
- 1 ½ cups raw cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 5 hot peppers, finely minced (jalapeno, serrano, Hawaiian chili)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine pureed papaya, pineapple, sugar, cinnamon, lime, and hot pepper in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, still stirring, until puree thickens and holds its shape on a spoon.
- Add cayenne pepper and mix well. Taste, and add more if needed to reach desired level of spice.
- Let cool and store in mason jar for up to 1 week. Serve on savory biscuits or avocado toast, enjoy!